Behold XRP (Experiential Robotics Platform) — an open robotics platform to help you find your feet in the world of engineering, robotics, and software development.
The heart of XRP is an all-in-one, Raspberry Pi Pico W-aboard, robotics kit built by SparkFun in collaboration with founding visionaries DEKA Research and Development, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and others. As well as all the hardware you’ll need to build your own robot, the XRP platform is supported by an open coding environment where you’ll learn to get your wheeled companion up and running, before branching out into even more exciting areas of robotics.
We love it not just because it’s powered by RP2040, but also because it’s designed to help absolutely anyone dabble in engineering and software development. Complete beginners will feel supported enough in the XRP environment to dive straight in.
What does the kit include?
- XRP controller board with Raspberry Pi Pico W and Qwiic Connector on board
- XRP chassis plus additional plastic parts to build the body of the robot
- Ultrasonic distance sensor
- Sub-micro size servo
- Two hobby motors with encoders
- Custom line-follower board
- Two caster wheels
- Two O-rings, two flexible Qwiic cables, one battery holder
- Special XRP sticker sheet